Monday, April 1, 2019

What I've Been Painting...

Between weather, schedules and an annoying habit of finding myself in the hospital, gaming opportunities have been a bit sparse.  Fortunately it doesn't preclude painting.  So with a shameless lack of modesty, here are pics of stuff from my workbench.

Ottoman Sipahis from a commision job.

The Assault Group figures I believe.  For an Imagi-Nation army.

Next some Tatar light cavalry.

Same company for the same Imagi-Nation.

They were fun to paint.

Repurposing to an extreme.  Here my harbor is guarded by a...

Pencil sharpener.  A post on The Miniatures Page put me onto
it.  6USD from Walmart.

I love 1/600 ACW ships but am often frustrated by the comparative
lack of Confederate "cottonclads."

So I started building some.  Some parts from my gubbins box
and we're ready to go.

It was hard to have a clear idea of specifics, lots of contradiction.

This is a Thoroughbred metal miniature.

My goal is to have the ships for the Battle of Memphis.

A pair of Vospers in 1/300.

The light makes the decks more yellowish.  It is a tan color.

Some pictures I found had a dark deck but I assumed air
superiority and left them a natural wood color.

A 1/2400 Micronaught model of the USS Farragut.

A trio of early war (for us), DDs.

Three Fletcher class DDs, also in 1/2400.

Quite possibly my favorite destroyer design in history.

Hopefully things will improve on the various fronts and I can do more game-related posts.  Painting is fun and relaxing but best is too:






2 comments:

  1. Wonderful job, especially the Tatar light cavalry and the different ships imho, superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever forward Michael.
    Thank you for posting.
    Bill P.

    ReplyDelete