Saturday, July 30, 2011

EAA Airshow - Oshkosh, WI

I attended the EAA Fly-in for the first time Friday.  Being an aviation enthusiast I had always wanted to go but distance or timing had kept me away.  Now I live 25 miles up the interstate so no excuses could be made.  I got to see a great many classic warbirds up close, some for the first time.  Although the ticket price is somewhat high at $37USD for an adult, it is still first class entertainment as well as a chance to see a vanishing part of our collective history.  Various pictures and a film clip or two follow.  Hope you enjoy it as I did.

F7F Tigercat




Fw-190 "Butcher Bird"




Me and a P-40 Warhawk in Flying Tigers paint scheme




My favorite, the F4U-4 Corsair




F4F-4 Wildcat




The business end of a B-25H with a 75mm cannon




Yak-9D (I think)




The showcase machine, "Fifi" the only flying B-29




Harrier VTOL jet in still mode




A6M "Zeke" from the Commemorative Air Force





Fairy Swordfish torpedo bomber



Two old enemies go nose-to-nose




A fly-over by a mass of planes.

My beloved Corsair in action.  They used lots of ground charges.

The Harrier jet drifted into view and danced a little before flying off.

A huge crowd enjoyed the show and sights.  I think I'll go back next year with better shoes for all the walking and more time to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment